Statcounter

View My Stats

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Haloween 2

RSS Feed Delicious Reddit Stumbled Upon Facebook


In 1976, Jeremy Thorn began "Are you...?" but was interrupted by the man's abrupt nod. "You're Bugenhagen?".
"Yes."
Thorn eyed him suspiciously. Bugenhagen was a seventeeth-century exorcist. "That was nine generations ago."
"But you.."
"I'm the last," he replied abruptly. "but by no means the least.".
Haloween
Halowe'en Story




In 1976, Jeremy Thorn asked "Where is this place?"
"City of Jezreel, town of Meddigo," replied Bugenhagen without expression. "The place where Christianity began. In this village square, Roman armies once marched and old men on stone benches whispered rumous of the birth of Christ. The stories they told were recorded here, in this build, painstakingly written down and compiled into a book we know as the Bible. Here. My fortress, my prison. "
"You're prison..?" asked Thorn. "Geographically, this is the heart of Christianity. I have been kept here against my will. Why I needed Mrs Baylock to bring you to me. Why I need to explain how to kill the child". Old Man Bugenhagen unwrapped a package of stiletto daggers. "I will explain, I will explain everything" he said.
Haloween
Halowe'en Story


In 1976, the old man Bugenhagen explained "It must be done on hallowed ground. The grounds of a church. Her blood must be spilled on the altar of God. Each knife must be buried to the hilt. To the feet of the Christ figure on each handle planted this way, to form the sign of the cross. The first dagger is the most important. It extinguises physical life and forms the centre of the cross. The subsequent placements extingush spiritual life and radiate out. Like this." He paused, assessing Jeremy Thorn's expression. "You must be devoid of sympathy, " he instructed, "this is not a human child".Haloween
Halowe'en Story

No comments: